Making CBD Gummies at Home
Gummies are one of the trendiest ways to consume CBD, or cannabidiol, thanks to their delicious flavors that perfectly mask the sometimes bitter taste of the hemp compound. What used to be a popular candy treat for kids in the old days has today become a lifesaver for millions of CBD users. You can even make your own CBD gummies at home to make sure that it has all the right ingredients and flavors that you like.
Many of us take gummy supplements for different purposes, such as to boost calcium intake, for skin improvement, or as a multivitamin. This makes it very easy to include CBD gummies in our daily regime. CBD motivates our body to work at its optimal levels. The cannabinoid compound interacts with the cannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system, peripheral nervous system, and immune system of our body. This stimulates the endocannabinoid system and improves its functioning to ensure that all the body systems keep performing well.
Why Make CBD Gummies at Home?
While there are many CBD products out there, CBD gummies like CBD4YOU Peach Rings allow you to ingest the needed amount of cannabidiol very easily. The CBD content is supplied to the bloodstream during digestion of the gummies. This makes CBD usage very simple for beginners. What’s more, as the cannabinoid compound is absorbed through digestion, it has a long-lasting effect on the body.
Making CBD gummies at home allows you to control the concentration of the cannabinoid compound as required. You can buy high-quality CBD oil from the market and easily increase or decrease the concentration you want when making the gummies.
Another benefit of making CBD gummies at home is that you can keep up with your dietary restrictions. Some of the CBD gummies available commercially may have ingredients that may not suit you if you are on the paleo diet or keto diet or have any specific food allergies. On the other hand, you can easily follow a CBD gummy recipe that fits your dietary requirements.
Making your own CBD gummies also allows you to cut the costs, especially if you need to take them regularly. Besides, you can also experiment with any preferred flavors and shapes when making CBD gummies at home. You can even tweak the CBD gummy recipe with, say, some antioxidant-rich fruit juices, to make them more nutritious and beneficial for your health.
CBD Gummies Recipe
The CBD compound does not produce a euphoric effect that is usually associated with cannabis use. That is because all CBD products contain less than 0.3% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is the other cannabinoid compound found in marijuana plants that gives you a high. You can easily buy any good-quality CBD oil such as Hill City Hemp CBD Oil and infuse that into your favorite gummies to reap its health benefits. Below is a simple recipe to make delicious and low-calorie CBD gummies at home.
- Gelatin – ½ cup (any preferred flavor)
- Fruit juice – 1½ cup
- Honey or sugar – 1 tbsp (to taste)
- CBD oil – as per the needed dosage
- Take a saucepan and pour the fruit juice in it. You can also use coconut water instead of fruit juice if needed. Place the saucepan over low to medium heat and let the fruit juice or coconut water heat but not come to a boil.
- Add the honey or sugar to the saucepan and whisk gently to blend well. You can skip adding honey or sugar if your gelatin dessert is sweet enough to hide the bitter flavor of the CBD oil.
- Once the mixture in the saucepan is hot, add the gelatin to it and whisk continuously until mixed well and the gelatin get dissolved completely.
- When done, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the CBD oil to it. Keep whisking until all the ingredients mix properly and you get a homogenous mixture.
- After whisking thoroughly, spoon or pour the mixture into the gummy molds. You can also use a funnel to pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle and then fill the gummy molds individually.
- Place the gummies in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or until they are set adequately, and then use as required.
Note that you should calculate the right dosage of CBD to include in the recipe. For that, you will need to work out how much CBD concentration you need to have in each gummy. The above recipe gives you around 50 CBD gummies of the regular gummy bear size. So if you wanted 2 mg of CBD dosage from each gummy, for instance, then you will need to add 100 mg CBD extract in the mixture.
Check the labeling of the CBD oil that you have bought to see its concentration of mg/ml and then add the right amount to meet your needs. It is always better to start with a small CBD dosage and see how it affects your body. For instance, you can start with 2 mg CBD per day, follow that routine for a week, and see how it has benefitted you. Then you can increase the CBD dosage to 4 mg per day, follow the same schedule for another week, and check the difference. This will help you to come up with a CBD dosage that works the best for you.
Points to Note When Making CBD Gummies at Home
- To make sure that your CBD gummies turn out to be delicious and chewy, you should never let the liquid in the saucepan come to a full boil. Too much heat can damage the healthy components in the CBD oil and affect its taste too.
- Do not use collagen when making CBD gummies. Collagen does not gel when you mix it with the other ingredients, which is important to get the gummy texture you want to achieve.
- You can add Vitamin C powder in the CBD gummy recipe to get an added boost of flavor. Moreover, it will also help to improve the Vitamin C level in your body. This will be more suited to sour-flavored CBD gummies like peach, sour melon, lemon, sour apple, etc.
- If you are looking for a low-calorie and low-sugar sweetener for your CBD gummy recipe, then allulose or D-Psicose will be the best option. Xylitol can also be a good choice, but it is not recommended to those who have corn sensitivities. In addition, you cannot give CBD gummies to your pets if it contains Xylitol because that can be toxic for cats and dogs.
- Make sure to pour the mixture quickly into the gummy molds after you add the CBD oil and thoroughly mix it. That is because CBD oil may start separating from the fruit juice or coconut water if it is left idle for some time.
- Using gummy molds with droppers will make it much easier to pour the mixture and refrigerate it. You can also use jumbo gummy molds to make the process simpler, but remember that it will increase the CBD dosage. So if you are just starting with CBD usage, stick to the standard-sized gummy molds.
- You can use all kinds of fruit juices to make CBD gummies. However, if you want it to be extra soothing and improve your sleep, then you should go with tart cherry juice. It is believed that tart cherry juice may also help to reduce pain caused by nerve damage. That will be an added perk of using tart cherry CBD gummies.
- You can use full-spectrum or broad-spectrum hemp extract to make CBD gummies. Full-spectrum CBD oils will help you to benefit from all the natural cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. It will also enhance the relaxing effects of cannabidiol, yet without giving you a high.
It may take some time and effort to master the art of making your own CBD gummies. You may not get the sweetness right at first or the gummies may turn out a bit stiff. Yet remember that this is the best way to have full control over the CBD concentration and the ingredients used in the gummies. So be patient as you try the recipe at home. However, if you are particularly skeptical about making CBD gummies all by yourself, then it will be better to buy good quality CBD gummies from a renowned brand rather than wasting a batch of CBD oil on your recipe.