Things to Consider When Choosing CBD Oil
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis plants. CBD oil is said to have many therapeutic benefits and can improve your quality of life. Most CBD products have a minimal amount of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, which is the psychoactive cannabinoid compound in marijuana. This makes CBD oil safe to use and it will not lead to a high or feeling of euphoria.
There are a lot of CBD products available out there. However, not all CBD oils and tinctures are created equal and work in the same way. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any over-the-counter CBD products yet, so it is very important to choose the CBD products carefully. Everyone responds to CBD differently, so you may have a different experience than what your friend or loved one had. In any case, below are some of the important factors that you should keep in mind when choosing CBD oil.
The Type of CBD Content
There are three main types of cannabidiol in CBD products – isolate, full-spectrum, and broad-spectrum. Isolate is a form of pure CBD oil with no other cannabinoids, while full-spectrum CBD will have all the cannabinoids that are naturally found in the hemp plant, including THC. On the other hand, broad-spectrum CBD oil contains many of the cannabinoids that are naturally found in marijuana, but not THC.
Some researchers say that using CBD and THC together can produce the entourage effect, which can be more effective than using either of the cannabinoid compounds alone. However, make sure that the CBD oil you choose has less than 0.3 percent THC so that the product does not fall under the controlled substances category as per the federal law.
The Third-Party Tests
As CBD products are not regulated by the FDA at present, it can be very difficult to know the quality of CBD oil that you are buying. This is why you should look for CBD products that have been tested by a third-party lab. This helps to ascertain that the product contains the ingredients in the amounts mentioned on the packaging. You can find the verification details on the CBD oil manufacturer’s website.
You should be aware of CBD oil sellers who promise extreme results, and always remember that the results may vary from person to person. If a certain product does not work for you, then you should consider consulting with your doctor to change the dosage or try a different product that has other ingredients or a different concentration of CBD oil.
The Added Ingredients
The packaging of CBD products will mention hemp, hemp extract, or hemp oil as the main ingredient of the oil or tincture. All of these refer to the CBD content in the product. In addition to that, the CBD oil may also contain other ingredients that are usually added to improve the taste and consistency of the product. Likewise, some ingredients are included in order to add to the health benefits of the CBD product.
The added ingredients make it easier for you to choose a product that has a particular flavor that you like. You can even try different CBD products with added essential oils or flavors, or go for the ones with added vitamins for possible extra health benefits. Nonetheless, make sure that the CBD product contains organic US-grown cannabis. That is because marijuana grown in the United States is subject to agricultural regulations and will be free of pesticides or other chemicals.
How to Use CBD Oil and Tinctures
- Shake the CBD oil bottle well before use. This will ensure that you have the ideal consistency.
- Use a dropper to place the CBD oil under your tongue. Hold the drops under your tongue for at least 30 seconds to a couple of minutes before swallowing. This will help to ensure maximum absorption.
- Follow the dosage recommended on the package. The right dose for you may depend upon various factors, such as your body weight, intended use, metabolism, and body chemistry.
- Start with a low dose and gradually increase the dosage and frequency over time to achieve your intended results.
- Take the CBD oil doses at least 4 to 6 hours apart. It can be at any time of the day. It is seen that CBD works best to improve sleep when taken right before bedtime.
- You may feel the immediate effects of the CBD product within 30 to 90 minutes of intake. However, it may take a few weeks of continuous usage to see any long-term benefits of CBD oil.
- Store the CBD product in a dry and cool place, away from direct heat and sunlight. Make sure that the bottle cap is closed properly after each use. Keeping CBD oil in the fridge is not necessary, but you can do so to increase its shelf life after consulting with the manufacturer.
- Do not touch the dropper mouth with your hands. This will help to prevent bacterial contamination and maintain the quality of the CBD oil.